"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." Hippocrates

"One-quarter of what you eat keeps you alive. The other three-quarter keeps your doctor alive." Hieroglyph found in an ancient Egyptian tomb


"It is a matter of common knowledge that any processing that foods undergo serves to make them more harmful than unprocessed foods." McDonald's Corporation legal statement, shown in the documentary Supersize Me.


“Control the oil and you control entire nations; control the food and you control the people.”~ Henry Kissinger

Monday, January 9, 2012

100 reasons to remind me why I want to lose weight...

1. To feel good about myself
2. To be able to stop worrying about my weight issues
3. So I won't think people are laughing or talking about me
4. To buy clothes in a normal store and actually get clothes with some style to them that fit correctly
5. To have more energy
6. To be able to tie shoes/paint toenails
7. To be able to sit on a floor and get up gracefully
8. To wear a bathing suit
9. To cross my legs or sit Indian style
10. To fit into an airline/theatre/bus/whatever seat without spilling over and without having to see "that look" from the person who has to sit beside me.
11. So my ankles won't swell
12. To fit into a booth at any restaurant
13. To not need an extension to a seat belt for my car OR on an airplane
14. To not worry about being decapitated in my car with my seat belts on if I should be in an accident
15. To not turn beet red after moderate exertion
16. To be able to pick something up off the floor
17. Panty Hose that fit (enough said!)
18. To go to an amusement park and ride the rides
19. To be able to sit in any chair without worry of breakage
20. To not have to apologize when caught in a narrow aisle and someone needs to get by
21. To go dancing, sky diving, bungee jumping....(ok, maybe not bungee jumping!)
22. To be able to go horseback riding or ride a bike
23. To not worry about rashes and sweating
24. To not have to listen to "caring" people ask why I don't diet or worse still... "gee you have such a pretty face"....MY PERSONAL PET PEEVE....
25. To not worry about spilling food, sauces or gravy down the front of my blouse/dress/shirt when eating
26. To not have to think up some excuse for not doing something because I know my weight will impede me
27. To not have my tummy hit the steering wheel and to be able to fit comfortably in the driver's seat WITH THE SEAT BELT ON (and no damn extension!)
28. To have a bra fit comfortably and to have pretty underwear and lingerie
29. To not have to worry about the weight limit of step stools, ladders, exercise equipment, horses, rides etc.
30. To not get stuck in a turn style
31. To not wake up feeling achy in the back..or to have ache-free legs and feet
32. So the bathroom scale won't creak and groan when I step on it
33. To be able to leave the tablecloth on the table at a restaurant ...instead of dragging it with me as I get up
34. So I won't look the other way when I see myself in a monitor where they have security cameras
35. To never be embarrassed about my size
36. To not count tying shoes as daily exercise
37. To not have to wait for the handicap stall when there are plenty of other stalls available in a public bathroom
38. To not be more out of shape than seniors or those on oxygen
39. To not break toilet seat when leaning to one side (yeah! it's happened!)
40. To be able to put on wedding rings that don't cut into my fingers
41. To try to make a double chin and fail!
42. Buy clothing bargains..to fit the next year and they do!
43. Not to have to worry about plastic zippers or having zippers break
44. Normal waistbands rather than elastic OR real pants, not stretchy ones
45. To wear knee socks correctly instead of worn like slouches
46. To look good in a tee shirt
47. To try on slacks or jeans and have the pant leg actually fit over leg
48. To be able to get close to sink and not come away with a wet front
49. To get out of a stuffed chair GRACEFULLY and not look down to see if the chair has come up with me
50. To not worry if the hairdresser's smock will fit, not be afraid to ask which hairstyle suits my face, and actually be able to sit in the stylist chair!
51. To not be self-conscious about eating in front of others
52. To be able to buy a sexy pair of boots that zip over my calf
52. To not have people checking me out after looking in my grocery cart
53. To be able to have more than one sexual position
54. To have my friends NOT be embarrassed to be seen with me
55. To get promotions/hired or close that sale
56. Pants that stay up because my waist is smaller than my behind
57. Average sized chest and hips
58. Wearing shorts or tank tops without fear of being too revealing
59. To not have the fear of being rejected
60. To successfully flirt and not have to be the life of the party to make up for not feeling good about how I look
61. To not worry about how to get in and out of the back seat in a two door car, or bucket seats in the front
62. One size fits all and it fits me
63. To have a lap
64. To not have the car I ride in slant in my direction.
65. To be able to use toilet paper as it was meant to be used and not to have to invent ways to "get the job done"
66. To not have to watch TV news reports on fat people knowing that I could easily be one of the people photographed
67. To be able to get between cars in a parking lot without wiping the dust off my front and back
68. No more heat rashes and chafing in the upper thighs
69. So that the cloth in the thigh area doesn't wear away long before the rest of the slacks do!
70. To meet a friend online and not be horrified to have to send a picture of myself
71. To not take fat references and fat jokes personally
72. To know I can go anywhere because wherever I sit I CAN be comfortable and look at ease.
73. To shop at the mall and not have my back ache from lugging my own extra weight around after just a few minutes
74. To be able to stand still, carrying nothing and still look poised
75. To be able to cross my arms across my chest without them resting on my stomach
76. To have my feet get smaller and wear pretty shoes
77. Using my mouth to taste and chew food rather than as just a route to get the food inside
78. Blood pressure and blood sugars returns to normal
79. To avoid other health complications from being overweight
80. To be able to borrow a co-worker's jacket for an important impromptu meeting
81. To meet someone for the first time and their eyes don't pop out of their head with amazement...because I'm so fat
82. To see my reflection in a mirror or store window without turning away
83. To wear a watch with a regular length watch band
84. To look in the mirror when getting your hair cut without thinking I have the biggest face in the world
85. To not mind getting my picture taken
86. To not avoid going to the doctor because I have to get "weighed" in
87. To wake up each morning feeling energized and ready to go
88. To not even worry about squeezing into small spaces
89. To not have to enter an elevator and check the weight limit
90. To look in my closet and have problems deciding which stylish outfit to work since I have so many that look good and fit well
91. To not have to lie perfectly still in bed at night for fear of breaking the bed
92. To buy tie shoes instead of slip on's
93. To be able to walk any distance without looking for a bench to sit on
94. To look forward to shopping and just trying on clothes
95. To be able to drive by any fast food place without it taking over my thoughts
96. To be able to shop at the same store for food instead of having to remember where I shopped last night for the junk food so I can avoid that store for a few days
97. To not feel lower than low when an innocent child remarks about my size
98. To not constantly be thinking of where my next morsel of food is coming from
99. To talk about maintenance when I reach my goal and to encourage others on!

And the 100th reason to lose weight is.......................I'M WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment