"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." Hippocrates

"One-quarter of what you eat keeps you alive. The other three-quarter keeps your doctor alive." Hieroglyph found in an ancient Egyptian tomb


"It is a matter of common knowledge that any processing that foods undergo serves to make them more harmful than unprocessed foods." McDonald's Corporation legal statement, shown in the documentary Supersize Me.


“Control the oil and you control entire nations; control the food and you control the people.”~ Henry Kissinger

Monday, January 23, 2012

Ordered a New Juicer!

I am very sad today. My juicer "cracked" and broke yesterday when I was cleaning it. The grinder that fits onto the "thingy" that spins it with the basket cracked off. OMG. I thought I was going to cry. I am seriously addicted to my fresh juice now. ;) I called every store I could think of who sold a Breville around here & even 50 miles away! No one had it in stock. In fact, they are all sold out. Hmmm...that's weird. I can only guess that I am not the only one who watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". What an awesome documentary. I have had a Jack Lalanne juicer for years. I started seriously juicing a few years ago "before Jeff" and was getting into the whole health thing. Since we watched the documentary about a week and half ago, I have juiced every morning since then. I LOVE fresh juice.

This morning I had to endure Tropicana 50, which is supposed to have half the calories, half the carbs. It's been sitting in the fridge for 10 days since I started juicing. I wasn't crazy about it 10 days ago. I thought it tasted like watered down orange juice, you know, like that 50 meant it was 50% water. ;)  Today I tried to drink some, thinking oh well, atleast it's some kind of juice. OMG. Awful. Just awful! I swear after 10 days of drinking the "real" stuff, this tastes like a glass of sugar with orange flavoring. I could not believe how awful it was. WOW. Was I really drinking this 10 days ago thinking that it tasted like flavored water?

The new juicer I had rushed with one day day shipping so it should be here tomorrow when I get home from work. UGH. Another morning without my juice. I hope I can make it. One thing I know for sure. I'm having juice for dinner tomorrow night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment