"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." Hippocrates

"One-quarter of what you eat keeps you alive. The other three-quarter keeps your doctor alive." Hieroglyph found in an ancient Egyptian tomb


"It is a matter of common knowledge that any processing that foods undergo serves to make them more harmful than unprocessed foods." McDonald's Corporation legal statement, shown in the documentary Supersize Me.


“Control the oil and you control entire nations; control the food and you control the people.”~ Henry Kissinger

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy One Month Anniversary!

Today is the day! Jeff has lasted one month as a vegetarian! I have to admit, I find it hard to believe that a man who could have once been the president of the cattlemens' association because of his high intake of beef, could last 30 days as a vegetarian without a breakdown. ;) He has pretty much consistently eaten the same thing that I have, except for the seitan and tofu.  Although he did eat scrambled tofu for the first time yesterday at breakfast and actually liked it. shhh, honey. I won't tell anyone I promise!

Amazingly I had nothing to do with his convert to vegetarianism. We watched a film on Netflix called Sick, Tired, and Almost Dead...that was the beginning. After realizing it would cost us about $400 a month to go on a juice fast (that's for one of us, NOT both! and that's not even organic produce), we gave that idea up quickly. However, if we happen to win the Mega Million, it would be a great plan. :) He then moved on to Forks Over Knives & Food Matters.  Next thing I knew, he was declaring his meat eating days were over. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. After all, he had been eating meat for over 50 years with no slowing down in sight. But he seems to have breezed right through the last 30 days and I am really quite proud of his accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment